Saturday, July 07, 2007

Butterfly Kisses

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." --Psalm 37:4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am extremely fascinated by butterflies, and if you visit this blog occasionally I'm sure you've noticed that I love photographing them too. Besides being beautiful subject matter, butterflies don't seem to like to sit still very long and I love the challenge of getting the improbable shot. The butterfly shown above actually sat on my finger for a few seconds and "licked" me with it's proboscis before it flew over to the stone wall that it is seen resting on. It made me smile and reminded me that God does know the desires of our hearts from our deepest dreams down to silly little childlike thoughts like, "It would be really cool if that bug sat on my hand for a little while!"

Lord, thank you for sending me smiles by knowing every little thing about me. Thank you for blessing me by fulfilling my needs and my desires. My heart delights in You!

This butterfly is probably wondering what the big, silver, shiny thing is that is coming toward it through the tall grass. I was on a nature walk with a group of 3 and 4 year olds when I saw this Monarch. If you look closely, you can see that it is looking at the camera.

photos (c) 2007 by DKF

No comments: