Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Portion

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
-- Psalm 73:25,26 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though my life doesn't usually reflect it, deep in my heart I know this verse is true. Focus, or lack of focus, and fear are very big stumbling blocks for me that cause me to veer away from God, though He is truly my deepest desire. Like the potter focuses on the clay visually and physically, I need to work on keeping myself focused on my Lord because He is all that truly matters in this life. When I am in tune with God, my fear slips away and everything just seems to fall into place.



Lord, I love You and I want to be with You more than anything on this earth. Help me keep my eyes on the goal!

No comments: