Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Path Of Peace


“…because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.” – Luke 1:78,79 (NIV)
This picture makes me think about how the Lord lights a path for us that will take us on a journey towards Him. The problem is that we don’t always open our eyes to see it or we do see the path brightly shining before us and we choose to ignore it. I am guilty of both. Sometimes I am so wrapped up with my own petty fears and frustrations that I don’t look for God or seek His guidance. Other times I see very clearly the path that God wants me to travel, but I ignore the obvious signs in front of me because I am afraid or I don’t have enough faith to follow. Therefore, I often feel lost and/or left behind and I often get angry with God for being “stuck”. It’s not His fault. He is constantly reaching out to me. I just need to choose Him and seek Him and follow Him.
Lord, help me! Guide my feet “into the path of peace” and give me the strength and faith to follow Your lead. Amen!

prose + photo © 2011 by DKF

1 comment:

J>A> Smith said...

Dawn,
YOu have to publish a book with your photos and writings!