Thursday, January 26, 2012

Something Wonderful

prose and photo © 2012 by DKF
I want to make this my new motto.  I have walked past the yellow Jeep that displays this bumper sticker on many occasions.  For some reason, today I noticed the bumper sticker for the first time.  It brightened my mood a bit and I decided that I was going to embrace it!  To me, it's the simple pleasures in life that make it worthwhile and wonderful.  When I got to work, I saw, almost immediately, a note addressed to me that said, "You're the best!" and there was a loaf of really delicious hand-made bread along with it.  It made my day!  Something wonderful definitely did happen... a dear friend took a few moments to jot a simple note of encouragement and brought me a loaf of tasty bread.  That's wonderful in my world!  

I hope and pray that I can walk through my days expecting something wonderful to happen at any moment.  I'm not necessarily talking about big miracles, just little things that touch my heart... things that bring a smile to my face or a tear to my eye.  In the Bible it says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." (James 1:17 [NIV])  I believe that with all my heart.  I believe that God wants to give you and I good things, wonderful things, and I know that He does. In my case, I'm just not always paying attention.  I know that I fail to recognize many of the blessings that He showers down on me and people around me daily.  My new goal is not only to be more aware of the blessings, but to expect good things to happen in, around and through me in my life and the lives of others that I encounter.

Lord, open my eyes to see Your good works in the world around me.  Enliven all of my senses to be more aware of you!  AMEN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%, in Jesus Name!!! Thanks Dawn for sharing truth with us...

Love you, Bev

Susanne said...

Your optimism and positivity are contagious cuz! I love this motto too, and your thoughts on it. You should share more of your writing...

Dianna said...

You always bring light to a subject and this light touches all of us with His blessings - as you share - as we experience - as we listen. Thank you - your goal is truly attainable as you trust in the Lord.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :-)