Monday, August 28, 2006

Baby Monarch







A couple of weeks ago, my Director brought a monarch caterpillar into our classroom. The final phase of it's transformation happened late this afternoon. It's the first time that I've witnessed the process from beginning to end. Sadly, our newly winged friend chose to emerge while we were all out getting dinner, but it was a really fun surprise to come back to our classroom for Open House and find this gorgeous creation! I was really sad that I had to release it outside before I left for the evening...

photos (c) 2006 by DKF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I can remember when you didn't like bugs.

Dad

Anonymous said...

hello hello... i'm commenting on dawn's blog.... which means i looked at it while at home and not at her house.... =) hey, cool butterfly. is that flower in the background real?!?!?! hehehe...