Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Who would you choose?

I was watching "Deal or No Deal" tonight and the contestant was a huge fan of a certain music group. As part of the show, they often connect people with celebrities that they really really like. This lady actually planned to spend some of her winnings on a private concert with this group. Suddenly they were on stage with her giving her big hugs and high fives.

It made me think about who I would want to meet if I could meet anyone in the world. I've actually had the opportunity to chat face to face with some of my favorite musicians. It's pretty cool to talk with them about their experiences and it makes you realize that they're just normal people even if you have 5 of their CDs in your collection. It takes away some of the awe factor. It might be cool to meet B.B. King or Keanu Reeves, but they are just people, no matter how talented or gorgeous they may be and they have their own lives that don't include me and probably never will.

In light of that, the only person I could come up with that I truly want to meet in the flesh is Jesus. I really want to give Him a big hug, take a walk in the park, watch a DVD in my living room, wander around Wal-Mart, laugh over lattes at Starbucks... I know He's always with me, but I want to be able to be with Him like I am with my friends. I want to see Him and touch Him and audibly hear His voice.

Lord, I pray that You would reveal Yourself to me in new, tangible ways. May all of my senses be opened and aware of You day and night. Please lead me on paths that will bring me closer to You.

No comments: