Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Bit of God's Artwork

My lover spoke and said to me,
"Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

--Song of Solomon 2:10-13 (NIV)

This time of year always brings me extreme amounts of joy. I love the changing of the seasons because God's creativity and love really shine through. The transition from Winter to Spring is my absolute favorite. All of my senses are engaged and ecstatic. I love watching the dull grays and browns of winter transform into so many vibrant colors. I love it when the birds start returning and and their sweet songs become my alarm clock. Granted, I wish the birds slept in a little later, but their songs are so beautiful. I love breathing in the warm air and feeling the sun touch my face. I love the warm breezes that blow past me when I am outdoors. I love smelling the trees budding and the flowers blooming. I could go on and on and on...

It makes me wonder about the depth of God's love. He didn't have to make the world we live in so beautiful. He could have made everything drab and seemingly lifeless, but instead He used His endless creativity to sculpt and paint a place so beautiful that words cannot truly describe it and do it justice. He didn't have to create this awesome place we call home the way that He chose to make it, but He did because He loves us and wants to lavish us with gifts. Not only that, but He is calling out to us, " Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

Holy Father, thank you for surrounding me with so much beauty. Jesus, thank you for calling me to be with You! Here I am, Lord! I choose to walk with You! No matter what's going on around me, if I'm with You it's all good!

photos (c) 2007 by DKF

No comments: