Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Flip Side

I found this game piece in the parking lot the other day and it made me start thinking... Where is my focus? Is it on my pride or on the King? I am focused on me and my accomplishments, both failures and triumphs, or am I focused on God and His glory. More often than not, I focus on myself.



Life feels kind of yucky when I stay tuned into me all day without flipping to the God channel. I get anxious and grumpy and hopeless when my brain is clicked on channel "me" all day, but when I take some time during the day to change to the "God" channel, even if it's only for 5 minutes, I am much more at peace with everything in my day. The sun seems brighter. The flowers seem prettier. People seem more loveable. I am more patient and forgiving. I have hope that things will work out for the best, no matter what situation arises. That must be why the psalmist wrote in Psalm 105:4 (NIV), "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."

Lord, thank you that I have 24-7 access to You! Please keep reminding me to tune in!

photos (c) 2007 by DKF

No comments: