Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Looking For A Good Read? or Two...?

Inkheart is the only book that ever had me thinking, "That looks like an awesome book!" after seeing a movie trailer. Usually I'm all about the movie and have no problem skipping the book. It is the first book in a trilogy by Cornelia Funke and I am so happy that I got a copy and dove in. The story is really intriguing and the imagery that the author uses to weave the story together is truly amazing and poetic at times.

The story is about a little girl, named Meggie, and her father, Mo. When Mo reads aloud from books something magical happens. Everyone around him is suddenly experiencing the story in a way that they never could have imagined and sometimes characters from the books materialize in the real world...

Click here to go to corneliafunkefans.com!


Another set of books that I highly recommend is the DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul. There are 5 books filled with good, evil, love, war, dragons, wizards, knights, monsters... Need I say more?

Click here to go to the DragonKeeper Chronicles page on donitakpaul.com!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are spending our evenings reading Inkheart out loud with the kids. I'm thinking that if I practice reading out loud enough, something interesting might happen...

;) Andy