Tuesday, September 28, 2010

At The Foot?

I love the view of the State Capital building in WI from across the lake. For me, it symbolizes God and my relationship with Him. Often I feel like God is beckoning me, shining His light towards me, but I remain far away and don’t choose to seek Him out or spend much time trying to reach Him.

What God wants is for me to come to the foot of His throne and stay by His side but no matter how bright or beautiful His light is, I tend to avoid Him and fill my time with other things. I spend so much time on menial tasks and randomness that there is no time left for God in my day until I am exhausted and I just crawl under the covers and go to sleep. My deepest heart’s desire is to be with God, following His every move. I want to feel His heart beating, hear His voice speaking and see His loving smile, but I let television and games, among other things, fill all of my free time.

Lord, help me to direct my focus towards You. Give me a hunger for Your presence that is so strong that I can’t possibly avoid it. Help me to discern which activities I should allow to fill up my time, for Your Glory!

photos and prose (c) 2010 by DKF

No comments: