Monday, November 06, 2006

Missing Puzzle Piece

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
-- Matthew 28:20b (NIV)

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"
--Matthew 19:26 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here I am again, feeling empty and alone. I feel like there is an enormous hole in the center of my heart. Experience tells me that I need to fill that place with God, but I tend to shy away from that in these moments of seclusion. I try to fill the space with food and/or television and I conjure up ideas about being unloved... surely my friends must have just been pretending to like me all this time and they're just too kind to tell me otherwise and their busy schedules are just an excuse to exclude me from their lives... why would they want to be around this mess of a human being?... etc., etc., etc. Those images, while all lies, somehow fill the void but with intense pain instead of the joy I know I could get from God. He's truly the only option. He's the missing puzzle piece. The only one that really fits in that place.

Lord, I lay all of my burdens at Your feet. I can't do it on my own, but I know "all things are possible" with You. I ask for your forgiveness for avoiding You and doubting that You could fill in all the empty places within me. I stand on the Word that says You are "with [me] always". Come, Lord... please come...

photo (c) 2006 by DKF

No comments: