Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Stars

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
-- Psalm 139:1-3, 13-14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like an apple has a star at it's core, God has placed something special inside of each one of us. No matter what we look like on the outside (bruised and marred, flawless or something in between) He sees the beauty of what He's made us to be. He's planted a seed in our hearts that will grow into something spectacular if we can bring ourselves to allow it without letting fear or pride get in the way and if we can let patience reign instead of greed and urgency.

Lord, help me to trust that you do indeed have an amazing plan for my life. "...your works are wonderful, I know that full well." I lay my fears and my selfishness at the foot of Your cross in order that I may be transformed into the person you've made me to be. Please give me the patience and courage that I need to walk the path You place before me and wisdom to recognize when I'm veering away from Your will. Let Your love shine through me like the stars in the sky, for Your glory.

photo (c) 2006 by DKF

No comments: