Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Fountain of Life

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light."
-- Psalm 36:5-9 (NIV)














Ever feel like you don't know whether to stop or go and you just seem to be going around in circles?! I feel like that often. How many times do I need to be reminded that God is my fountain? Time and time again, I forget that He alone gives me life and He alone is my light. Maybe if I just paid more attention from day to day, His signals would seem clear to me. Maybe if I took my focus off of me, and looked to Him, I'd be walking down a well marked path and I would have no doubt what my next move should be.

Lord, thank you for Your love that "reaches to the heavens, [and] your faithfulness [that reaches] to the skies." Help me keep my focus on You. Open my eyes, my ears and especially my heart to the signs You place in my path. Please give me the courage to follow those signs, wherever they may lead me, because "with You is the fountain of life" and that's where I want to be! I love You, Lord! Amen.

photos (c) 2006 by DKF

No comments: