Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Lake House

There's something intriguing about a relationship that ends in true love when the participants have only communicated through letters. I really liked this movie, despite the fact that they never even try to explain why a man in 2004 is receiving letters from a woman in 2006, and vice versa, through a common mailbox at the lake house where they live in their respective years. Fortunately, I got caught up in the love story and forgot about the unknowns and impossibilities pretty quickly. (As a side note, I really really like the house. It's not practical at all, but it's super cool! It's built on stilts in a lake, the walls are all glass, and it has a big tree growing in the middle of it with a remote control retractable glass roof.)

The movie did inspire me. It made me want to journal my thoughts and feelings more. Not just through my poetry, since that comes very sporadically, but in rambling prose just to get stuff out of my head. Since I don't have the man of my dreams waiting in my past... maybe I'll write letters to my future husband, whoever that may be... or maybe I'll write letters to Jesus... or maybe I'll just write for the sake of writing... Maybe someday there will be someone anxiously waiting at their mailbox to get their next letter from me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens, but in the meantime I'll try to start pouring my heart out on paper and see where it takes me. Maybe I'll learn what purpose waiting has in life. Until then, I'll just keep pushing onward and waiting...




No comments: