Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hinds' Feet

"The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me walk upon mine high places."
-- Habakkuk 3:19

I started rereading this book today. It's a great book that I got as a birthday gift in the mid 90's. My friend thought it was appropriate for where I was at in my spiritual growth at the time. Right now, I'm in a place that I need to be reminded.

The main character in the book is named, Much Afraid, and she is from the family of Fearings. The whole story is about how she is able to slowly let go of fear and find healing as she learns to trust the Chief Shepherd on the journey to the High Places. It is an amazing picture of how Jesus sees us and relates to us and loves us. I highly recommend this book if you're needing a picture of God's love for you, whether you just need a reminder or if you've never known the love of Christ in your life.

No comments: