Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm Hungry

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple... Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you 'Seek his face!' Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me..." -- Psalm 27:4, 7-9a

"I love the house where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells." -- Psalm 26:8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hungry

Sometimes it feels like I’m
talking to the air,
spilling out my joy and despair
into a big abyss.
And night after night I
sit here alone,
playing my guitar and
singing my songs,
hoping to hear Your voice
singing along, but
all I hear is
the traffic outside my window.

And sometimes it seems like You’re
a million miles away and I’ll
never greet the day
that I’m not hungry anymore.

I just wish I could
feel Your kiss,
and gaze into your eyes,
and see your loving smile
and dance.


photo and poem (c) 2006 by DKF

No comments: